It's #NationalPastaDay so time for a celebration 🎉 Well it's also a school night, so simple weeknight pasta is more practical, let's be honest! I love turning a basic pantry item like pasta into an elegant gourmet-like weeknight dinner using @gourmetgarden ’s flavorful herbs and spices to enhance the dish in a flash!
Plus they are easy to find in the refrigerated produce section next to fresh herbs and last for weeks (and even months for the Garlic Stir-in Paste) so there's no "wilt guilt" here 🙅🏻 #gourmetgarden#partner#vegetarianrecipes#pastapasta
12 ounces cavatappi pasta, or other kind
¼ cup olive oil
1 teaspoon Gourmet Garden Garlic Stir-In Paste
1 cup whole-milk ricotta (8 ounces)
3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
1/4 cup lemon juice (plus zest)
8 ounces kale, shredded
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon black pepper
Gourmet Garden Lightly Dried Basil, for serving
1. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the pasta and cook according to package instructions until al dente. Reserve 1 cup pasta cooking water, then drain the pasta.
2. In the same pot, heat the olive oil at medium heat. Then add the garlic paste and cook until fragrant. Whisk in the ricotta, parmesan cheese, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper until well combined.
3. Add 1/2 cup pasta water to the sauce and whisk until smooth. Add the pasta and the kale and continue to stir until the noodles are well coated and the kale softens. Add more pasta water as needed for a smooth sauce.
4. Garnish with lemon slices and basil, if desired
1/2 cup tahini paste
1/3 cup lemon juice
2 garlic cloves crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4-1/2 cup water depending on desired consistency
1. Place the tahini paste in a medium size bowl. Add the lemon juice, crushed garlic and salt. Use a whisk or fork to combine mixture. Alternatively, you can blend everything in a small food processor or blender, stopping periodically to scrape down the sides as necessary.
2. After a few minutes of mixing, the sauce will turn into a smooth thick paste. Slowly add water to the mixture and whisk until you reach the desired consistency.
3. Taste and adjust by adding more lemon juice, salt or water.
All the elements of chicken fajitas stuffed in peppers. 🙌🌶 Are you down? #easyrecipes#easydinner#chickenfajitas#stuffedpeppers#onthetable
3 green bell peppers
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 onion chopped
2 garlic cloves minced
1 pound chicken breast cut into bite-size pieces
2 teaspoons chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
Salt and pepper
1 cup precooked rice
¼ cup tomato sauce
2 tablespoon fresh cilantro plus more for garnish
1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
¾ cup shredded cheddar cheese
Sour cream for serving
Pico de gallo for serving
1. Preheat oven to 375°F, and prepare the peppers by cutting them in half lengthwise and removing the seeds and membrane; set aside in a baking dish cut side up.
2. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onions and saute until they start to soften, about 2-3 minutes.
3. Add garlic, chicken, chili powder, cumin and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through, about 5-7 minutes.
4. Add rice, cilantro, lime juice, and stir together until heated through, about 2 minutes.
5. Spoon the cooked chicken and rice mixture into the cut pepper halves, filling them to the top. Pour water into the baking dish to fill the bottom, being careful not to pour any water on the peppers.
6. Cover baking dish with foil and bake until peppers are softened, about 20 minutes. Remove from oven, sprinkle with shredded cheese and return to oven to bake until cheese is melted, about 5 more minutes
7. Serve immediately, topped with pico de gallo and sour cream, if desired.
Healthier Halloween treats all using bananas! Which one is your favorite? 🍌🎃👻#kidfriendlysnacks#happyhalloween#hallloweentreats#halloweenfood
👻 Monster Eye Roll-Up
1 tablespoon peanut butter
1 tablespoon jelly
2 appetizer toothpick sticks
8 candy eyes
👻 Monster Banana Bites
½ cup white chocolate chips
½ cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 teaspoon coconut oil, divided
6 popsicle sticks
1 cup white chocolate
1 teaspoon coconut oil (optional)
8 chocolate chips
4 wooden sticks
frozen, place the white chocolate 👉 Full instructions for each recipe on the blog. Just click link in my bio ✨
Easy vegetarian cauliflower fritters from the NEW ✨ @twopeasandpod cookbook! It’s all about real recipes with real ingredients that taste really good!! 🎉
Recipe for these cauliflower fritters linked in bio: https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/cauliflower-fritters/good!! 🎉
UPDATE: Giveaway winner for the cookbook is @malindasaigh 🙌
Parenting Pro Tip: Veggies are easier to consume in liquid form, and especially in alfredo sauce form 😉 Make this low calorie, low fat vegan alfredo sauce using cauliflower instead of flour. All you need is a strong blender to whip it up the smooth, creamy rich sauce! Recipe #sponsored by @brandlesslife that's helping people live well and take better care of themselves, one healthy cruciferous vegetable at a time! #BrandlesslLife#PoweredByBrandless#LiveWellWithBrandless
5-6 cups cauliflower florets
6 large cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 cup plant-based milk, or vegetable broth
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1 pound fettucine, or other pasta of choice
1. Bring a large pot of boiling water to a boil. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 8-10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender. Reserve 1 cup of the boiling water.
2. Heat the olive oil a large skillet over medium heat, sauté the minced garlic until soft and fragrant, but not browned, about 1-2 minutes.
3. Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cooked cauliflower to ablender. Add the sautéed garlic, reserved 1 cup cooking liquid, milk, salt and pepper. Cover the vent in your blender lid with a thin kitchen towel to allow venting and puree until the sauce is smooth and creamy, about 2-3 minutes. If the sauce starts to look dry, add a few drops of water, milk, or olive oil.
4. Serve with cooked fettuccine
3 ingredients only to make these chewy peanut butter cookies 🍪🍪 - they’re naturally flourless and dairy-free...yippeee! #peanutbuttercookies#cookierecipe#flourless
1 cup peanut butter (no sugar added)
3/4 cup white sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Mix peanut butter, sugar, and egg together in a bowl using an electric mixer until smooth and creamy. Roll mixture into small balls and arrange on a baking sheet; flatten each with a fork, making a criss-crosspattern.
3. Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes. Cool cookies on the baking sheet for 2 minutes before moving to a plate.
It’s not fall without pumpkin treats! 🎃🎃 Try my easy pumpkin chocolate chip bread filled with warm spices, lots of pumpkin flavor and little speckles of sweet chocolate chips 🙌
Tap link in my bio for the recipe: https://feelgoodfoodie.net/recipe/pumpkin-chocolate-chip-bread/
This egg boat is like a quick quiche - eggs, veggies and cheese in an edible bread boat! 🥚🧀 #eggboat#eggfast#easybreakfast#vegetarianrecipes
1 loaf sourdough bread
2 tablespoons milk
2-3 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
2-3 tablespoons mushrooms, chopped
2-3 tablespoons red onions, chopped
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Fresh parsley, for serving
1. Cut a rectangle shape in the top of the bread without cutting all the way through the bottom. Then scoop out the inside of the bread.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together the eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper, then whisk in the veggies and half the cheese.
3. Transfer the mixture into the hole of loaf of bread, top with remaining cheese, then place on a baking sheet.
4. Bake at 350°F for 30-35 minutes or until the eggs are set. When it's done, top with fresh parsley, cut into slices and enjoy!
As a mom of two, I get all the reasons to buy organic food whenever possible. 🍎🥛🍞 But I never thought about other ways kids were exposed to harmful pesticides until I heard about @stonyfield ’s initiative. They’re working with communities all over the country to help parks and playing fields go organic and to help us convert our backyards to go organic with simple, easy steps👏
I'm excited to partner with them on this project with their first organic field in Michigan! Click link in bio to learn more & apply for a community grant #sponsored#stonyfields#playfree#puremichigan